Why apply to this course?
The comprehensive and flexible online ‘Train the inspector’ training material has been developed to prepare candidates for the ICorr Coating Inspector Level 2 examination. The course is suitable for ICorr level 1 coating inspectors or candidates with over 12 months of coating inspection experience. The Coating Inspection course also includes an additional module in Marine and Offshore Coating.
Level 2 personnel are qualified to perform and direct inspection or testing operations according to established or recognised procedures including IMO PSPC MSC.215 (82 requirements) and they have demonstrated competence to:
- Choose the extent of inspection or testing to be used (where agreed procedures allow);
- Choose the inspection and test methods to be used (where agreed procedures allow);
- Set up and calibrate inspection or test equipment;
- Perform and supervise inspection or testing tasks;
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable normative documents;
- Define the limitations of application for common test methods;
- Understand and transform normative document requirements into practical instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
- Prepare written test instructions (this is specific to Painting
60-80 hours of online studying over a maximum 12-month period. A one day practical and theoretical examination must be attended to acquire the recognised ICorr Coating Inspection level 2 Certificate. Examination dates
Course and Examination Enquiries
For more information including prices and availability please visit our training partner’s website at www.corrodere.com alternatively you can contact them on: –
- +44 (0) 1252 732220