Senior Cathodic Protection Technician – Reinforced Concrete Structures – Level 3
Why attend this course?
The course and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and is suitable for candidates with the requisite qualifying experience. The course is suitable for those who took the Level 2 training course and those who merely require an appreciation of the cathodic protection of reinforced concrete structures at this higher level without pursuing certification.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- CP general principles;
- CP measurement techniques;
- specific applications of steel in concrete;
- other electrochemical techniques that are also aimed at mitigating corrosion of steel embedded in concrete, such as electrochemical re-alkalization and chloride extraction treatments for reinforced concrete.
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- atmospherically exposed steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete, onshore structures (bridges, walls, piles, buildings etc.);
- buried steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures (pipelines, tunnels, foundations, etc.);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in fresh water (pipe lines, foundations, swimming-pools, water tanks);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in seawater (harbour facilities, piers, jetties, offshore platforms).
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
Organisation: The ICorr steel in concrete CP courses are run in cooperation with the CPA (Corrosion Prevention Association), the Trade Association for the steel in concrete CP and concrete repair industry. Most Candidates in the UK will work for CPA affiliated companies.
Duration: 5 days Mon–Fri, or 1 day over 5 weeks
Special note: Applicants must either hold ICorr Level 2 Cathodic Protection Technician – Reinforced Concrete Structures Certificate or, where the applicant does not hold this certification, have at least 1 year’s approved experience and attended the Level 2 training course or satisfies the educational and experience requirements set out in ICorr QPD.
For more information regarding the course please contact our training partner: http://www.corrosionprevention.org.uk/training-courses
For more information regarding the examination please contact our examination partner: https://argyllruane.imeche.org
Or alternatively Contact them at Tel: +44 (0)114 399 5720 or Email: email@example.com