Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – mycareerpath® CPD Record Database
Plan and record any activity that contributes to your professional competence.
The mycareerpath® tool enables Engineers to keep record of the number of hours they have spent in the CPD process.
CPD comprises learning activities that you undertake to gain knowledge and experience in order to help you in your professional career as a corrosion scientist or engineer. CPD is additional to the normal duties of your day-to-day employment. For example, training days, professional mentoring of/by colleagues or others, attendance at conferences, are all CPD activities. Both the Engineering Council and the Science Council require that individuals registered as a Chartered Engineer or Chartered Scientist demonstrate their commitment to CPD within their careers. ICorr satisfies this requirement on behalf of the Engineering Council and the Science Council by requiring all Registrants to complete a CPD return, every 5 years for the Engineering Council and annually for the Science Council. For ICorr members, this is facilitated by the mycareerpath® database, which can be found in the Members Area of the website.
- mycareerpath® CPD record database
mycareerpath® is an online professional development system, designed by the Engineering Council and adopted by many professional engineering institutions for use by their members. The system is mobile and tablet compatible so records can be accessed or added to on-the-go.
- The system is aligned with the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) for EngTech, IEng, and CEng. The system is also aligned with other titles such as CPhys, CEnv and CSci, to provide one platform to suit all. Progress can be measured and tracked against the competence statements for the chosen registration category. It is also to be adapted for use with ICorr Certification Schemes and can also be used for individual company CPD reporting.
- mycareerpath® is designed to help you to plan and record any activity that contributes to your professional competence (IPD and CPD). This could include mentoring colleagues, learning new techniques, attending training courses, involvement with a professional body and other activities that contribute to the maintenance or development of knowledge and competence.
- Using mycareerpath® puts your complete records in one place so that they can be simply and easily sent to your institution as part of your professional review, or to update them on your CPD record if you’re already registered. You could even send your complete records to your employer as part of your appraisal.
- This database is available to all Institute of Corrosion members to use via the Members Area of the website.