Welcome to the CED
An informal forum for the exchange of ideas and information pertaining to Corrosion Engineering issues
Become part of the CED
The purpose of the Corrosion Engineering Division is to provide an informal forum for the exchange of ideas and information pertaining to Corrosion Engineering issues. More specifically the benefits of the CED to its members include:
- A forum to facilitate the exchange of information and experience.
- A mechanism for members to jointly prepare documents that are of immediate and practical use to them in their field of activity (e.g. codes of practice, guidelines for processes and techniques, input to standards bodies, etc.). Documents produced by the working groups are downloadable through the Members Area of the ICorr website.
- A means of liaising with communicating with the working parties of international organisations (e.g. EFC/NACE working parties) and reducing the expense of travelling abroad to attend meetings.
- The activities are driven by the needs of the members, who can be drawn from across the spectrum of member organisations (i.e. industry, academia, research organisations, etc.).
- A number of working groups are in operation under the chairmanship of a nominated person. Nick Smart (Jacobs) is the Chair of the Corrosion Engineering Division and reports on activities to the Council of the Institute. Douglas Mills is the coordinator for the CED and its working groups. The current working groups are shown on the right hand side of this page.
Other groups could be started if there is sufficient support from the members. It is anticipated that the working groups will operate both through holding topical meetings and through electronic media, making use of the Institute’s website. The chairs of the individual working groups will liaise with the corresponding working groups in international bodies such as EFC, NACE, WCO, ASTM, etc. The CED activities aim to be complementary to the activities of these other bodies rather than competing.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of CED meetings will be available for download in the members area. Please note that these minutes are only available to Institute of Corrosion members and you will need to be logged into the members area to download the minutes.
Group Chair: Pablo Merino
Organisation: CLH Pipeline Systems
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0207 657 1278
Group Chair: Nick Smart
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 0118 913 7752
Group Chair: Phillip Watkinson
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0113 2760 760
Oil-field Chemicals & Corrosion
Group Chair: Alistair Seton
Organisation: JAS Consulting (UK)
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01224 790369
Corrsion in Concrete
Group Chair: Chris Atkins
Organisation: Mott MacDonald
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0161 9264156
Latest News …
In a first for ICorr, young engineers met online to learn of a case study that could help them become big winners in the Young Engineer Programme.
As the COVID-19 lockdown takes its toll on training and development, here are five free webinars to for all in the corrosion industry.
Unfortunately, after careful consideration, the CED has decided to postpone the working day scheduled for Wednesday April 29th 2020 at the National Railway Museum, York, entitled ‘Corrosion Control in Transport and Infrastructure’. This decision was made in the...