Cathodic Protection Concrete ISO Level 2
Why attend this course?
These ICorr courses and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates with or without experience in cathodic protection, but note that full certification to this level requires a minimum duration of one year’s approved experience, an examination pass and a subsequent application and assessment by the ICorr Professional Assessment Committee. The courses are also suitable for those who merely require an appreciation of the protection of reinforced concrete structures without pursuing certification in accordance with ISO 15257.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- CP general principles;
- CP measurement techniques;
- specific applications of steel in concrete;
- other electrochemical techniques that are also aimed at mitigating corrosion of steel embedded in concrete, such as electrochemical re-alkalization and chloride extraction treatments for reinforced concrete.
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- atmospherically exposed steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete, onshore structures (bridges, walls, piles, buildings etc.);
- buried steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures (pipelines, tunnels, foundations, etc.);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in fresh water (pipe lines, foundations, swimming-pools, water tanks);
- steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in seawater (harbour facilities, piers, jetties, offshore platforms).
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
Course Details and Price
Organisation: The ICorr steel in concrete CP courses are run in cooperation with the CPA (Corrosion Prevention Association), the Trade Association for the steel in concrete CP and concrete repair industry. Most Candidates in the UK will work for CPA affiliated companies.
Duration: 5 days Mon–Fri, or 1 day over 5 weeks
Special note: Applicants must either hold ICorr Level 2 Cathodic Protection Technician – Reinforced Concrete Structures Certificate or, where the applicant does not hold this certification, have at least 1 year’s approved experience and attended the Level 2 training course or satisfies the educational and experience requirements set out in ICorr QPD.
Price (excl. VAT)
£1375 (£1000 Course & £375Exam) – CPA Members only
£1625 (£1250 Course & £375 Exam) – Non CPA Members
Available Training Dates
These ICorr courses and Examinations are provided by our partner in steel in concrete, the Corrosion Prevention Association (CPA). Dates can be seen below. If you wish to book a course contact them on 01420 471614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level 2 Spring Course: March 2021 Monday – Friday 8 – 12 March 2021 – ICorr Training Centre, Telford
Level 2 Summer Course: June 2021 Monday – Friday 7 – 11 June 2021 – ICorr Training Centre, Telford
For all queries regarding Certification and Re-Certification please access the Institute of Corrosion web site: https://www.icorr.org/cathodic-protection-training All Certification and Re-Certification Application Forms along with Guidance Notes can be downloaded from this page.