Cathodic Protection Concrete ISO Level 1
Why attend this course?
These ICorr courses and examination are in compliance with ISO 15257:2017 and are suitable for candidates without experience in cathodic protection, but candidates are expected to have some site experience in concrete repairs and in they may have been a part of teams installing CP systems in concrete. The courses are also directed to testers or data collectors who collect simple CP performance data. For certification to ISO 15257, an examination pass and a subsequent application and assessment by the ICorr Professional Assessment Committee are required.
The following topics are relevant to this application sector:
- The basics of metals & corrosion
- Basic potential measurement techniques of metals in solution
- Half-cell potential survey techniques for steel in concrete
- Resistivity survey techniques for steel in concrete
- Calibration & checking of NDT equipment
- Galvanic Anodes (Repair Enhancers) for steel in concrete
- Introduction to the concept of CP
- Basic CP system measurements & data recording
- Introduction to electrical safety in CP
This application sector includes, for example, the following:
- Atmospherically exposed steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete, onshore structures (bridges, walls, piles, buildings etc.);
- Buried steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures (pipelines, tunnels, foundations, etc.);
- Steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in fresh water (pipe lines, foundations, swimming-pools, water tanks);
- Steel-reinforced (both post-tensioned and pre-stressed) concrete structures immersed in seawater (harbour facilities, piers, jetties, offshore platforms).
The topics of this course are fully set out and described in ISO 15257 Clause 6. The rules governing training, examination and certification are set out in ICorr QPD.
Course Details and Price
Organisation:The ICorr steel in concrete CP courses are run in cooperation with the CPA (Corrosion Prevention Association), the Trade Association for the steel in concrete CP and concrete repair industry. Most Candidates in the UK will work for CPA affiliated companies.
Duration: 3 days over 1 week
Special note: he course is suitable for applicants with no previous experience in cathodic protection, the course is also suitable for those who merely require an appreciation of Cathodic Protection of Reinforced Concrete with or without pursuing certification.
Price (excl. VAT)
£905 (£575 Course & £330 Exam) – CPA Members only
£905 (£575 Course & £330 Exam) – Non CPA Members
Available Training Dates
These ICorr courses and Examinations are provided by our partner in steel in concrete, the Corrosion Prevention Association (CPA). Dates can be seen below. If you wish to book a course contact them on 01420 471614 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level 1 course:
Tuesday – Thursday – 10 and 12 August 2021
For all queries regarding Certification and Re-Certification please access the Institute of Corrosion web site: https://www.icorr.org/cathodic-protection-training All Certification and Re-Certification Application Forms along with Guidance Notes can be downloaded from this page.