(A 2 day per week Consultancy Post)
The Institute of Corrosion is looking to appoint a Marketing Manager responsible for the future growth of the organisation.
The Institute of Corrosion is the UK’s biggest community of Corrosion Academics and Professionals with 6 regional branches across the UK. Formed in 1959 this learned society has been steadily growing setting industry standards that have been adopted as best in class by our Industry and its Professionals.
We now have a mandate to develop the organisation further;
- Increase both Individual and Corporate membership
- Develop further our extensive training programs reaching a wider audience and extend the programs deeper setting new levels of knowledge and capabilities with our industry
- Develop a suit of suitable PR materials and a PR campaign to raise the organisations profile
- Establish new and innovative ideas with Industry that will enhance the organisations growth plans
- Drive Conference programs to share industry knowledge, increase awareness and revenue for the organisation
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a 5-year Business Development Plan in collaboration with the organisations stakeholders and execute that plan.
The development will be reported monthly and reviewed by the stakeholders quarterly and adjusted as required.
The successful candidate will;
- Have extensive knowledge of the Corrosion Industry and the workings of the Institute of Corrosion and the many associated Industry bodies both UK and overseas
- Have extensive knowledge of the major players in the Industry and their requirements for the development of their employees who are active in the Corrosion industry
- Be qualified to high level PhD or CEng as a minimum
- Can demonstrate the required Marketing skillset with specifics of success in the Corrosion Industry
- Have the required skillset and relationship building capability to obtain buy-in with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrate the required level of personal drive to develop a plan, execute it and ensure its success
- Demonstrate an Inter industry liaison capability
This is an extremely demanding role with high expectations and applicants should send their CV and supporting documentation addressed “ICorr – Marketing Manager” to: email@example.com
Closing date 31st October 2017